Monday 15 September 2014

Short trip to Zwolle - my first time with Blabla Car

Whenever it comes to travelling in Holland mostly everyone is always so excited about Amsterdam, coffeeshops or  red light districts but I was quite not of them. I wanted to see the whole picture of Netherlands; to learn the Dutch culture, language and cuisine from local people, and even to visit smaller towns which no-one cares perhaps.

After our crazy Beach party on Wednesday at which I was completely out of my mind, we (me and a lovely new friend from Morocco but live in France) woke up quite early and went to Zwolle, a city nearby Groningen to pick up some important documents and do a little bit of travelling. I did not expect it was such a lovely city where we would genuinely relax after our mad nightlife.

Statue of Archangel Michaël in front of the Church of St. Michaël.
By Herman Lamers
We came across lots of interesting architecture and statues which I believe was one of the most remarkable feature of the city. 



Museum De Fundatie Zwolle
After wandering around the small town with no map and already feeling like we have seen almost everything, we decided to eat in Tosti World . The price was amazing compared to the fact that I could have chosen the fillings. We both take salmon burgers which were pretty tasty!



And do not forget to fill your stomach with dessert bought from a local ice-cream store.

La Dolce Ice-Cream
Our trip did not end in a boring way here. The best thing about Zwolle was to go back to Groningen with a Dutch guy we found on Blabla Car - a site which connects travellers with drivers who have empty seats. Herman was a very funny, talkative and caring driver who seem very smart and strong-minded. We shared a lot, laughed a lot during the short drive and I learnt lots of new things about him, who has been living in many places around different continents like us. 

It's the people that matter, not the place!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe