Saturday 6 September 2014

I-EAT-STERDAM part 2

One picture worths a thousand words. That is true!

Every photo has an interesting story behind it. Here's mine :)


My most memorable food-ish expererience in Amsterdam was at Albert Cyup Markt - the biggest street food market in Amsterdam. I enjoyed the energetic, chaotic and noisy atmosphere of the market made of dozens of stores and flows of buyers.



The first 'dish' ever I tried in Albert Cyup was poffertjes. You can have a sweet taste of these little tiny pancakes just with a few coins.



Fried fish was definitely better than haring. 



Another must-try food in Nederland is waffels. This reminds me of the sweetest gift ever I received from my tour guide in Amsterdam back then in Helsinki when we first met. A package of sweets like Stroopwaffle always make wonderful gift for friends when travelling around Europe. 



We end the food day by a huge dinner with lofs of meat, potatoes and cabbages before lots of drinking and partying. It was a nice and warm experience to enjoy for the first time traditional home-made dishes (Andijviestamppot met spekjes and slavink) with the Dutch people.



Dutch beer are amazingly cheap and well tasting with plenty of flavours that females would love to try! I was running around the story like a little kid crawling for candies when I saw 50-cents beer and ciders, which should normally cost 1-2 euros in Finland where I lived.

Now it's your turn to share your stories behind the dishes ;) !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe