Wednesday 12 November 2014

What to eat with less than 5Eur in Groningen

It seems obvious that typical oversea students like me have the same problem: hungry, lazy to cook sometimes/most of the time and facing money problems because of spending too much already on alcohol, clothes, parties or fancy dinners. The best solution to save money concerning food is cooking at home, though I am not always in the 'cooking & washing' mood, especially when living alone. I believe we all are frustrated with looking for some easy take-away food other than McDonalds or cheap restaurants from Tripadvisors, which is not cheap at all. Below you can find my cheapest options for lunch/brunch/extra meals.

The most highly recommended restaurant to visit with a low budget by me is Bagels and Beans, which is apparently well-known to many people. There are bagels with plenty of flavours, bread types, cheese kinds and different drinks to choose from, ranging from hot to cold, tea to coffee and juice. I ordered a sweet bagel like a dessert but you can have it for lunch as well, which is perfect because lunch at school usually sucks here or there is no such thing as proper lunch at all. 






Wok box is a perfect option for Asian-food addict like me. You can choose between various flavours of meats and veges, plus the small box was enough to make me full. The most common flavour is sweet and there is nothing spicy at all.


Tosti World is without doubt the second best option because tosti burgers are cheap and taste amazing. I personally love the toasted salmon version, which I order twice for both time I went there. 




Normal burgers are a bit more expensive option as drinks and fries cost a bit extra. I personally enjoyed this but would not come back because of the price.





And don't forget you can always spot plenty of street-food in or near Vismarkt/Grote markt like fried fish/shrimp, fries, toasted chicken, kroket, kebaps, etc. Everything is made within 5 minutes and incredibly cheap so you can just grab and go!




Frozen yoghurt at Pure Frozen is not in the lunch list but its perfect for dessert after all the junk food filled in your stomach, isn't it?! And they look too cute to resist by the way.




Also, in case you are addicted to sweet like me, don't miss trying bubble tea inside Amazing Oriental which is an Asian groceries shop, or at My Dream BubbleTea. Bubble tea, which is milk tea with jelly, may taste a bit weird to European people so make sure you like or have tried them before. There's always first time for everything anyway!



BON APPETIT!

2 comments:

  1. That's a damn good idea for blog posts: 5 euro meals.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe