Thursday 16 October 2014

My 10 favourite pics of Belgian chocolate

Let alone the bad experience that happened to me with Couchsurfing in Belgium, this 4-day trip to the small bordering country with Holland was incredibly sweet and worth the way I travel to eat. What I literally had for breakfast and lunch everyday were hot chocolate, cakes, chocolates, waffles, and fries which was the only not-sweet food. It was inspiring to see and taste how people create, sell and enjoy chocolate here in different ways that would never get people bored!


Home-made chocolate was the No.1 chocolate everyone must try in Brussels. I came across a store named Chocolateri near the center Grand Place and met a lovely girl working there with her dad who literally made chocolate in the store. We had to come back the next day because she was so nice and the chocolate we bought taste even nicer!


Dark, milk and or white chocolates? I would definitely go for dark chocolate which you can only taste best by letting in melt on your tonge!


 Chocolate with cakes. It was fun to see cakes designed and inspired by many styles of different countries


Hot chocolate in Antwerp.


Chocolate in bakery stores


 Chocolate exhibited in museums


 Waffles wrapped with hot chocolates - the second best sweet food I favor in Belgium. 


 Fresh fruits covered with hot chocolates


 Chocolate as souvenirs. And obviously you can find chocolate in the shape of Manneken Pis every where.


Chocolate bars


1 comment:

  1. All the images attached here in the blog are so mouthwatering. I loved them all. Actually I am a huge fan of Belgian chocolate. I love to eat them. One of my uncles is in Belgium and whenever he comes to UK he brings bunch of chocolates for me and I don’t share it with anyone and enjoy eating it alone for many days. This time I am planning to visit him, he has explained me the procedure of applying for Belgium tourist Visa.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe